The core of NIRAMAI solution is Thermalytix, a computer aided diagnostic engine that is powered by Artificial Intelligence. The solution uses a high resolution thermal sensing device and a cloud hosted analytics solution for analysing the thermal images. Our SaaS solution uses big data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning for reliable, early and accurate breast cancer screening. The innovative methods used in our solution have led to multiple US patents. Our novel algorithms have also been peer-reviewed in international scientific conferences.
Our cancer screening tool, SMILE, has been tested on more than 4000 women in 12 hospitals/diagnostic center as well as screening camps. 3 clinical trials, comparing Thermalytix with current standard of care, have been published in peer reviewed conference/journals. The results from these clinical trials indicate very high accuracy of Thermalytix that is comparable and sometimes better that Mammography.
Below is a summary of the results from trials done so far:
- Over 90% sensitivity in all trials
- 27% higher accuracy than Mammography (most of the additional cancers detected were in dense breasts)
- 70% higher positive predictive value than Visual interpretation of Thermography (results from traditional thermography are very subjective and error prone)
- Thermalytix is effective in 32% more patients walking into a hospital with pain or discomfort in their breasts (as it works for younger women/dense breast women)
- Was able to detect cancer lesions as small as 4 mm with no palpable lumps.
The novel algorithms in Thermalytix have resulted in 9 Granted patents so far:
- Classifying hormonal receptor status of malignant tumorous tissue from breast thermographic images(Granted by USPTO recently)
- Thermography based breast cancer screening using a measure of symmetry (Granted by USPTO recently)
- Blood vessel extraction in two-dimensional thermography, US 10,198,670
- Automatic segmentation of breast tissue in a thermographic image, US 10,068,330
- Software tool for breast cancer screening, US 9,898,817
- Contour-based determination of malignant tissue in a thermal image, US 9,865,052
- Software interface tool for breast cancer screening, US 10,055,542
- System and method for detecting cancerous tissue from a thermal image, US 9,622,698
- Detecting tumorous breast tissue in a thermal image, US 9,486,146